Introduction to NLP-Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Introduction to NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) - 10 CEUs
All CEU courses require return of any text book(s) provided. Processing of courses will not be completed until returned.
This is an excellent and comprehensive beginning course for the mental health professional who wants to increase their therapeutic skills working with both voluntary clients and court mandated clients.
The course begins with setting a context and maps out the main ideas of NLP.The course covers such subjects as:
- How we use our sense internally to think
- How language relates to thought
- How to tell the way other people are thinking
- Thinking in terms of systems rather than simple cause and effect
- How environment
- Beliefs and identity fit together
- Use of metaphor
- Changing the meaning of an experience
- Accessing one's unconscious
- Distracting and utilization of the conscious mind
- Reframing and the transformation of meaning
- Conflict and congruence
- Belief system
- How to create trust and strategic thinking
- and much more.
Course Text: Introducing NLP: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) by Joseph O'Connor. You can purchase this book or the kindle edition of this book from any number of sources, i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. We advise that you also check your local library for availability.