Sexual Addiction Specialist Online Training
Course title: Sexual Addiction Online Training
Course Text: Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction (provided with this course)
Author: Patrick Carnes, Ph.D.
Course Description: This is a seven module course professionally designed so the clinical trainee will have a thorough understanding of assessing and treating sexually addicted clients. Trainees, upon completion of each module, are required to submit a descriptive essay in APA style to the clinical trainer. Upon completion of final module, the trainee is required to take a 100 question open book examination.
Course Purpose and Objectives: Upon completion of this seven module course, the clinical trainee will thoroughly understand:
- A Working Knowledge of Sexual Addictions
- The Role of Mental Health Professionals in Treating Sexual Addictions
- Types of Sexual Addiction
- Models of Addiction and Treatment
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Intervention
- Importance of Support Groups
- Relapse Prevention Training
- Confidentiality and Ethical Issues
Sexual Addiction Online Training fee for those seeking certification: $775.00 per person and includes:
- All training materials