Certified Sex Offender Treatment Specialist
Course Title: Certified Sex Offender Treatment Specialist (CSOTS)
Course Text: Contemporary Assessment and Treatment of Adult Criminal Justice Clients by Francis J. Deisler, Ph.D.
Course prerequisites : Must be a state licensed, active and in good standing, in a profession applicable to working with sex offenders. No licensure is required where exempt through legislation, federal or state employment, or where no licensure exists for your profession, i.e., probation, parole, etc.
Requirements: Certification requirements and certification applications can be found here.
Course Overview: This course provides information on the assessment and treatment of sexual offenders, administering and scoring of various assessment tools, treatment issues, etc., and establishes a foundation for those professionals who work with this population.
Course Purpose and Objectives:
- Male sex offender assessment instruments and how to score and interpret each instrument
- Male sex offender treatment and best practices
- Identifying sexual assault cycles
- Arousal assessment techniques and arousal control interventions
- Cognitive restructuring approaches
- Development of empathy
- Sex offender group work
- Social skills, life skills training
- Working with denial and resistance
- Aftercare programs
- Risk, recovery and progress assessment
- Relapse prevention planning and intervention strategies
- and more...
Tuition: *Tuition must accompany the application. The full fee includes all required course materials (must be returned upon completion of course), certification application fee and examination fee.
A one year certification fee of $125.00 is required and payable to the NAFC. This fee is due only when you have received written notification from the NAFC of your application approval and passing of the examination and should not be included with the registration fee.
Full Fee: $775
$387.50 Upon Registration of Course
$387.50 Upon Completion of Course
* No refunds will be issued once course is purchased.