Certification Courses Offered
Certification training is provided by the Forensic Training Institute (FTI) for the following non-clinical certifications:
- Certified Forensic Social Worker
- Certified Sex Offender Treatment Specialist
- Certified Criminal Justice Specialist
- Certified Forensic Counselor
- Certified Criminal Profiler
- Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
- Certified Forensic Group Therapy Specialist (Bachelor Level)
- Certified Forensic Group Therapy Specialist (Master Level)
- Certified Sexual Addiction Specialist
- Certified Gambling Addiction Counselor
- Certified Juvenile Sex Offender Treatment Specialist
- Certified Juvenile Treatment Specialist
All certification programs follow the same format and structure as many State Universities offering Bachelors and Master's degrees through home study courses.
Each certification program is 40 hours or more in length. All course materials are provided. All text books that may be provided for the course must be returned upon completion of the course, unless otherwise noted. Each program requires successful completion of each learning module and passing of the examination upon completion of the final module. All courses must be completed within 60 days of recieving materials.
Non-clinical certification is awarded by the National Association of Forensic Counselors (NAFC) upon successful completion of the online course, meeting of all NAFC certification requirements, and passing of the certification examination.
You must meet all requirements for NAFC certification in order to receive certification upon successful completion of your course. Please read the certification requirements carefully before ordering your selected course. Certification will not be awarded without the completed certification application, meeting of all NAFC certification requirements, and passing of the certification examination.
Non-completion of courses by the course expiration date, failure to successfully pass the course, failure to submit requested information in order to process your application will result in certification requests being denied.
Tuition: *Tuition must accompany the application. The full fee includes all required course materials (must be returned upon completion of course), certification application fee and examination fee.
A one year certification fee of $125.00 is required and payable to the NAFC. This fee is due only when you have received written notification from the NAFC of your application approval and passing of the examination and should not be included with the registration fee.
A payment plan is available for each course.
* No refunds will be issued once course is purchased.